A coronation is a ceremony that gives a monarch regal or royal power. The power is symbolized by ritually putting a crown or some other symbol of power upon the new monarch's head. This ceremony is known to be held among andain, humans, elves and dwarves.
Coronations of human kings and queens have been quite elaborate rituals with many rules and etiquette to follow. A special sort of coronation occurs among the Sarquil sultanas of Vanna where a crown of desert roses is placed on the heads of the sultana and her consort if she has one.
Below are notable examples of human coronations:
- Coronation of King Kagetsu I, Lord of the Andain, in Maar Sul City, Ancient Maar Sul (after the War of the Gods)
- Coronation of Co-Kings Britton Leonheart and Raistlin I in Cardia (after the Cardian War)
- Coronation of King Marcus Sarillius in Remonton, Remon (after the First Battle of Remonton)
- Coronation of King Kagetsu II in Maar Sul City, Maar Sul (after the Struan Rebellion)
- Coronation of King Gerard Aurelac in Maar Sul City, Maar Sul (right before the Second Battle of Maar Sul)
- Coronation of Sultan Khalid al-Saif and consort Axikasha Keiran in Vanna, Libaterra (after the First Battle of Vanna)
Elven coronations aren't well known but it's assumed they are tied to ancient ceremonies involving nature in some way.
Dwarven coronations aren't well known but it's assumed they include consuming large amount of whiskey.
|Third Age Calendar|
|Spring:||Feast of Starlight · National We Killed All The Lawyers Day · Feast of Paedün|
|Summer:||Festival of the Ascension · Midsummer Festival · Day of the Damned · Tsèni Tournament|
|Autumn:||Celebration of the Harvest Moon · Feast of the Hunter's Moon|
|Winter:||Night of Sorrows · Midwinter Festival|
|Special:||Coronation · Great Fire of Falgorn · Night of Blood · Remonton Summit · Maar Sul Ball · Festival of the Dead · Sinking of Khrima · King and Queen's Ball · Trollmoot|